Man rescued from Ross-on-Wye fire

By Ross Gazette reporter in Emergency Services

A man had to be rescued from his flat in Gloucester Road in Ross-on-Wye on Sunday, May 7th.

Two crews from Ross attended the fire at 2:42am after reports of smoke issuing from the first floor had been made by a member of the public.

Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. They then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to pull out smoke and heat effected air and replace it with fresher air.

A thermal imaging camera was used to locate a casualty who was then rescued from the building.

The fire was located on the first floor in an oven.

Police and Ambulance services were also in attendance and the patient was taken to Hereford Hospital for a check up. He was later released from hospital and has spoken to the Ross Gazette. He is very grateful that his smoke alarm alerted a passerby who called the fire service.

Read the interview with the heroine who called 999 and the casualty in this week’s Ross Gazette.

Add Comment

Add Your Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment

By posting your comment you agree to our T & C