Perhaps the confusion arose because of the window in the Chapel. This commemorates the many Service and civilian aircrews who lost their lives in radar development flying duties between 1936 and 1976. The window was unveiled on June 7th, 1992, to mark the 50th anniversary of the tragedy when a 4 engined Halifax aircraft carrying the prototype ground-mapping radar crashed on Coppet Hill. All 11 on board were killed including a leading scientist AD Blumlein.
Goodrich Castle was never used for radar development.