56 finished cattle, 5 bulls, 21 cull cows, 700 lambs, 274 cull ewes and rams, another strong cattle and cull cow trade, short lamb entry selling to an outstanding trade
- Top pence per kilo 268p
- Top price per head £1971
- Top pence per kilo 269p
- Top price per head £1747
- Top pence per kilo 222p
- Top price per head £1232
Cull Cows & Overage
- Top pence per kilo 215p
- Top price per head £1704
- Top pence per kilo 272
- Top price per head £150
Cull Ewes & Rams
- Top pence per kilo average £77.23
- Top price per head £135
56 sale 10.30am, auctioneer: William Probert
A slightly reduced entry of cattle met another strong trade. No real superstars forward but heavier sorts peaked at £1971. Trade remands firm with numbers generally short. 8 buyers in attendance ensuring strong bidding on all classes of cattle.
990 sale 9am, auctioneer: William Probert
A shorter entry of lambs met a blistering trade peaking at £150 – 272ppk.
An entry of well meated lambs met a very quick trade with more required to meet demand from buying contingent.
Generally, export quality medium weights were seen to trade between 250 – 272ppk.
Heavy weights saw a step up in trade seeing 50kg+ trading from £140-£150.
Christmas Fat Stock Show
- Thursday, November 10: 180 Store Cattle, Suckler Cows & Calves. Sale at 11.15am.
- Thursday, November 17: Online & Live Furniture Sale. Sale at 10.00am.
- Thursday, November 24: Store Cattle . Sale at 11.15am. Entries for catalogue to be received by the November 17.
- Monday, November 28: Christmas Fat Stock Show.
- Friday, December 2: Farm Sale. J P Price at Day House Farm, Kingsland, Leominster.
- Thursday, December 8: Store Cattle. Sale at 11.15am. Entries for catalogue to be received by the December 1.
Christmas period market days
- Monday December 19: Fat Stock as normal
- Monday December 16: No Market
- Monday January 2: Fat Stock as normal
Christmas Fat Stock Show: Monday, November 28
- Class 1: Best Steer
- Class 2: Best Steer over 650kg
- Class 3: Best Heifer
- Class 4: Best Beast from Small Holder (under 100acres)
- Class 5: Best Bull
- Class 6: Best Pen of Unled Cattle
- Class 7: Best Cull Cow
- Class 8: Champion Beast in Show
- Class 9: Reserve Champion Beast in Show
- Class 10: Best Five Lambs below 39.5kg liveweight
- Class 11: Best Five Lambs above 39.5kg liveweight
- Class 12: Best Pen of Four or more Cull Ewes
- Class 13: Champion Pen of Five Lambs