Local social media account WyeValleyWalk has released a video taking a look at the disused railway line going from Gloucestershire, through Lea to, Ross-on-Wye.

The Ross-on-Wye railway station was opened on June 1, 1855 four years after line had received parliamentary consent to be constructed. A line from Ross-on-Wye to Tewkesbury was authorised by parliament in 1856 but was never built.

In 1873 the Ross and Monmouth Railway to Monmouth via Lydbrook was opened and it terminated at the station.

The Hereford, Ross, and Gloucester railway closed to passengers on November 2, 1964 and the line south to the junction at Grange Court closed on November 1, 1965.